November 18, 2016
Who We Are
Information We Collect
We collect certain information to help us operate and provide our Websites.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect certain information automatically to help us operate our Websites, including information about:
- The device(s) you use to access our Websites, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device configurations details, device type, and device identifiers. If you access our Websites through your mobile device, we may also collect your device's unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device's telephone number; and your visits to our Websites, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Websites (including date and time and destination IP addresses); and
- The pages and listings you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use various technologies to collect information from you automatically, including:
- Web Beacons. Certain parts of our Websites and e-mail may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Behavior tracking. We may use technologies, which can collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking) with your consent.
You may request us to stop the automatic collection of tracking information at any time by adjusting the settings on your device or by contact us at [email protected] Please note that disabling these features may render some or all portions of our Websites unavailable.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us through our Websites, including when you create your account, provide your name, username, e-mail address, credit card information and other contact information, and otherwise send information to us through our Websites.
In addition, if you send us an email, fill out a feedback form, complete a survey, call us, communicate with us in any other way, or instruct us to collect certain information, we will collect that information in order to respond to your request, feedback, question, or instruction.
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Websites or communications with us can personally identify you, and we will treat these information as “Personal Information”. For example, if you subscribe to our mailing list, register for a test drive, respond to our survey, or interact with us on social medial, we may collect Personal Information from you. This Personal Information includes your first and last name, e-mail address, residential address, zip code, age range, gender, birthdate, mobile phone number, the model and color of vehicle in which you are interested in, and the timeframe you might make your purchase. When you choose to interact with us on various third party social media platforms such as facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, google plus, and youtube, we may automatically collect additional Personal Information from you. This may include your personally identifiable information list, the profile pictures of the contact list, education, work history, events, relationship status, likes, gender, location, URL, a biography, any additional image or information. We may also collect your communications with us through the third party social media platforms.
Aggregate or Anonymized Information.
We will treat aggregated or anonymous information as non-Personal Information. For example, we may combine certain information about your use of our Websites with similar information that we obtain from other users for use in an aggregate or anonymous manner. However, we will treat any non-Personal Information that is combined with Personal Information as Personal Information.
We will not ask for or request sensitive personal information such as government identifiers, medical information or financial information. Please do not provide such information to us through emails, feedback forms or in any other way.
How Your Information Is Used
We may use your information, including your Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with our Websites and to improve our Websites;
- Manage your access to our Websites, recognize you, make customizations for you, store information about your preferences;
- Maintain the quality of our Websites, including any data analysis necessary to operate our Websites, such as for administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Send you information that allows you to use our Websites;
- Send you emails about updates, information or alerts regarding our Websites;
- Give you notices about your account or any subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Provide you with any other information of products and services from us or our partners including advertisers;
- Assist you in making a purchase of our vehicle products;
- Contact you regarding your recent purchase of our vehicle product;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Notify you when an update is available, and of changes to any products or service we offer or provide through the update;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide;
- Speed up our Websites;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations and other legal requirements; and
- Maintain the security of our Websites.
How Your Information Is Shared
We share your information, including Personal Information, with our dealers to process your requests, provide you with more information on our products, and assist you with making a purchase of our products through our dealers. We may also share your information, including Personal Information with our vendors, service providers and agents to the extent reasonably necessary to provide our Website. For example, we use a third-party platform for email and cannot communicate with you without disclosing your email address to our third-party email provider. These third parties use any information we share only to support us and our efforts to provide our Website. These third parties use any information we share only to support us and our efforts to provide our Websites.
We may also share your information, including Personal Information:
- With our service providers and contractors;
- With our affiliates and partners.
- With a potential acquirer or transferee during an acquisition or transfer of a majority of the assets of our company;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including any Terms of Service and for billing and collection;
- If we believe the disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- In an event of emergency;
- You, upon your request; and
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may share non-Personal Information, aggregate or anonymous data with analytics, search engine, other service providers, and our partners. We do not sell or rent your name, address or e-mail address to any non-affiliated third party without your permission.
Profile and Privacy Settings
You can make certain changes to the way we collect your information by adjusting the privacy settings on your device.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain e-mail communications from us related to our Websites. If you provide us with your email address in order to receive communications, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of our emails.
Please note that certain emails may be necessary to provide you with our Websites. You will continue to receive these emails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers and devices support a “Do Not Track” feature. Our Websites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
If you have been receiving offers from our partners and affiliates and would like this to stop, please contact us at [email protected] Any opt out requests with respect to communications from a dealer, including our dealer, must be made directly to the dealer.
The security of your information is important to us and we have put in place security features to protect your Personal Information. Additionally, your access to parts of our Websites may be protected by a user name and a password. Do not give your password to anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your information, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee against access to your Personal Information by unauthorized third parties. Please also be aware that when you submit Personal Information to our Website over the Internet, the information may travel over many systems that are not under our control. The security of your information transmitted to or through our Website is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate and necessary administrative, technical and physical controls to attempt to prevent unauthorized access to it.
Our Websites are not intended for and are not directed toward children. We do not serve anyone under the age of 13 (a “child”) and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at [email protected]
Our Websites may include links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such privacy policies. Please check the privacy policies applicable to any other website you access before you submit any personal information to such other website.